May seemed to blow by pretty quickly… It was a wet month if I remember correctly. Hard to tell all the months apart this Spring because they’ve all been really wet. We did a lot of ‘sight-seeing’ in Vancouver as we do almost every May as part of the Vancouver Tourism Challenge, as part of Katie’s work at the UBC Botanical Garden (which also just launched a new website).
- These daffodils were looking good on the day we dropped by the market. It was a rainy day, and this was the only bright thing and they stood out.
- Cute stuffed animals in a Seattle storefront of some kids store in Capital Hill. Happened to catch this out of the corner of my eye walking back to Jonathan’s house after the Mogwai concert, and a few drinks.
- A rainy day at Van Dusen Botanical Garden, but was still better than sitting around at home.
- Walking around Jericho Beach Park, looking around to find the baby ducks which were late this year. Nice backdrop looking north from this side of the little lake.
- In the centre photo, this was at the local Safeway in Kitsilano. Somebody put a Metro newspaper box up on the roof of one of the cars in the ZipCar car park area. There were two other people shooting photos at the same time I was, so I wasn’t alone in thinking it was amusing.
- We went to the Vancouver Art Gallery to check out the exhibits as part of the Tourism Challenge. We were pretty underwhelmed with the Ken Lum exhibit, as were many of the people I overheard as we made our way through the gallery. As I graphic designer, I saw a bunch of stuff on the wall I’d never put up.
- My friend Jonathan’s dog Baxter chillin’ on the couch beside me. I drove down to Seattle to catch the Mogwai show after the Vancouver show was cancelled. It was a
- This wig was hanging on the wall at the Vancouver Art Gallery. I can’t remember for sure if it was part of the Ken Lum exhibit or not, but I’m going to guess it was.
- Funny looking tree down at Jericho Beach Park.
Stryper – The Covering
The Charlatans – Warm Sounds EP
Desert Sessions – Desert Sessions Vol. 10
Panda Bear – Tomboy
Del Tha Funky Homosapien – Golden Era
Big Country – Fields Of Fire – The Ultimate Collection
Foo Fighters – Medium Rare (covers)
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – Belong
About the iPhone photo dump: I shoot a lot of photos in the average month, whether it be on my iPhone (or any of my other cameras). Sadly, most of these photos never see the light of day, and sit buried somewhere on a hard-drive. I’m using this monthly feature to set some of those photos free. You can see my full archive of iPhone Photo dumps here.