Looking back, March was another good snow month, so lots of time out on the snowboard. Let’s take a look at these photos starting at the top left – walk with me…
- I must have either have been excited that it was BBQ season or was just psyched on how good that flank stank was looking when I shot this photo. This reminds me, gotta have flank steak again really soon (there’s some in the fridge)
- I worked on some graphic concepts for a book at work and couldn’t quite figure out what felt familiar or ‘right’ about the layout. A couple of days later, when I was working on it again, it clicked. The layout, the type and the colours were reminiscent of The Police’s Synchronicity cover (shown just off to the right). Wow. That was random. Even the colours were in the same order. Blown away.
- A light-drenched tower at a mall in Surrey, BC.
- Typesetting Korean text – another work picture of something in progress… I designed a 60-page booklet for the forestry industry, and it was being produced in English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Or rather, I should say I was producing it in all those languages. Sure the text came in translated, but it was no easy feat to lay all the text in place and stay on top of it all. All I can say is InDesign makes working with foreign languages a breeze nowadays.
- Bunny at Jericho Park. You know it’s Spring when the bunnies make their appearance by the dozens down in Jericho Park.
- P.K. Ripper bike hanging up at Ride On Bikes on West Broadway – I love the turquoise colour of these bikes, and they’ve kept the graphics pretty close to how they were two decades ago, right down to the vintage-style pad set.
- Swapping hard drives in the new iMacs is no easy feat… I took out the original 250GB drive and dropped in a new 2TB drive. I’ll admit I was scared. A lot is going on in there.
- Sunset looking across the Burrard Inlet from the pier at Jericho Beach.
- Katie resting in the snow after a gnarly run down ‘Top Gun,’ the double black diamond run at Cypress Mountain. When it’s good, it’s incredible. When it’s not good, it’s a brutal leg-burning run that will have your knees bouncing into your chest if you’re flying down it. On this day, it was the latter, so we took a much-needed break on the hike out.
Primal Scream – Screamadelica (20th Anniversary Reissue)
Glasvegas – Euphoric Heartbreak
The Raveonettes – Raven in the Grave
The Jesus Lizard – Peel Sessions
Rival Schools – Pedals
Propagandhi – Supporting Caste
About the iPhone photo dump: I shoot many photos in the average month, whether it be on my iPhone (or any of my other cameras). Sadly, most of these photos never see the light of day and sit buried somewhere on a hard-drive. I’m using this monthly feature to set some of those photos free. You can see my full archive of iPhone Photo dumps here.