Chase BMX Magazine Editorial Layouts
Click large image above for a full-size, un-cropped view of images.
Art Direction and Design: Chris Young
A small selection of layouts I designed for Chase BMX Magazine from 2000-2003 (14 issues).
Layout descriptions, in order:
- 4-page JIKK Japanese road-trip article
- 6-page article about the 2003 Toronto Metro Jam BMX contest. I also wrote the sidebar article about the Square One video premiere that took place on the Saturday night of the contest at a local bar (second spread, on the right).
- 4-page interview with a few of the sport’s biggest independent players – Ian Morris, Rob Morales and Jay Miron. They discuss their opinions of where they believe the sport is going.
- 2-page spread covering the Backyard Jam contest in Hastings, England.
- 6-page article about the inaugural 2001 Toronto La Revolution BMX contest.
- 2-page Hamilton, Ontario scene report spread.
See also Chase BMX Magazine stickers.